HealthDrive delivers on-site dentistry, optometry, podiatry and audiology to residents in long-term care, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Each specialty offered by HealthDrive is one that directly impacts the quality of daily life for the deserving residents we serve. HealthDrive connects patients in need of vital healthcare to doctors committed to dignity and excellence. The Collection Specialist has primary responsibility for debt resolution based on acquired knowledge, Company policies and procedures, research and collection efforts.
- Reduce outstanding A/R$ and DSO by increasing cash collections on a monthly basis
- Identify, investigate and work with nursing facilities to expedite resolution of unpaid claims in order to obtain payment in a timely manner in accordance with expected rates by procedure code including but not limited to short payments and overpayments
- Provide Supervisor and Director detailed quantitative and qualitative information regarding facility specific payment/non- payment trends as they are identified on a daily basis
- Meet daily productivity objectives for review and resolution of assigned accounts
- Document all actions taken to resolve outstanding balances in patient record
- Process revenue and bad debt adjustments and refund requests as appropriate
- Make recommendations for improving processes and procedures
- Initiate invoice adjustments and resubmission to the facility or other responsible party
- Develop and maintain relationships with facilities
- Work professionally with facilities, responsible parties and all internal and external customers and clients
- Be a resource for billing department staff and other Company departments
- Work closely with others to identify reasonable, attainable stretch goals for personal achievement as well as the department as a whole
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Other duties and tasks may be assigned as appropriate or necessary
Prefer candidates to have an Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience and experience in collections. Prefer candidates with experience in dental practice utilizing Practice Management systems.