HealthDrive is currently seeking a Moonlighting Psychiatrist to work at an inpatient geriatric psychiatric unit in Palmer, MA. This position will provide as needed weekday, weekend, and holiday coverage.
**Ability to make up to $1,500 per day. Reimbursement rates are dependent upon experience.**
HealthDrive delivers on-site dentistry, optometry, podiatry, audiology, and behavioral health services. Each specialty offered by HealthDrive is one that directly impacts the quality of daily life for the deserving patients we serve. HealthDrive connects patients in need of vital healthcare to doctors committed to dignity and excellence.
• Assess current psychiatric status. Ensure that each psychiatric medication has an appropriate, corresponding diagnosis.
• Review all current regular and prn medications, labs, x-rays and any other pertinent data.
• Monitor psychiatric medications for effectiveness, response of patient, usage of prns and side effects. Inform patients of potential side effects of psychiatric medications. Provide education to family members as needed.
• Monitor the tapering of psychiatric medications according to federal regulations.
• Recommend nursing and, when appropriate, behavioral interventions to nursing staff. Develop behavior plans as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.